Sunday, January 02, 2005

Bathed in Electromagnetic Radiation

Today, I finally sorted out the electromagnetic radiation in the house and things are a lot better, I tell you. The Blogorium (see posting for 12/22/2004), of all places, was in a dead zone meaning the wireless reception was 20-30% and sometimes zero. Finally, I installed a Hawking HSB1 signal booster, connected it to a 6dB omnidirectional high-gain antenna and configured the Linksys wireless router to use a single antenna. Now, the Blogorium is bathed in radiation, the megahertzs are coming through the walls at the speed of light and I'm getting a great tan.

Alas, today is the last day of vacation. Tomorrow work begins anew, but, hey, my travel budget has been reinflated and I'm good to go. Literally. Better get packing.

Finally, check out the Tsunami posting below and donate generously.

No comments: