Monday, November 23, 2015

Fabienne Meets Kink the Cat

Fabienne was asleep, dreaming of riding a motorcycle.

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, purrrrrrrrrrrr went the sound of the motorcycle engine.

The purring became louder and louder until it was PURRRRRRRRRRRR!

Fabienne woke up, rubbed her eyes and looked around. There sitting on the end of her bed was a beautiful tabby cat licking it's white paw.

"You're a cat!" said Fabienne excitedly.

"Of course I am," replied Kink the Cat, "and you're a Fabienne."

Fabienne sat up straighter and said, "I am not A Fabienne, I am The Fabienne."

"And I am The Kink the Cat," said Kink still licking his paw.

"How can you be here?" asked Fabienne.

"I can be anywhere I like," answered Kink, who in a puff disappeared and reappeared on Fabienne's bookshelf.

"How did you do that?" said Fabienne, amazed.

"As I said," Kink replied, "I am Kink the Cat and I can do this and that, and the other thing."

"Why are you here?" Fabienne asked.

"Just to say hello, good-bye and we'll meet again," said Kink.  And with that Kink disappeared with a small popping sound.

"Well," Fabienne said to herself, "what do you think about that?"  Fabienne put her head down and fell fast asleep, dreaming about chasing mice and birds.

In the morning Mama came in and Fabienne told her all about the visit from Kink the Cat.  Mama was amused but obviously didn't believe the story.  But then Mama looked on the bed, reached down and picked up some white fur.

"Where did this come from?" Mama asked Fabienne.

"Oh, Kink was licking his paw quite a lot.  I think he had an itch."

No comments: