Saturday, November 03, 2018

Carnival!

I saw a sign today at the local elementary school:  Fall Carnival Tonight!

That brought back memories of my own elementary school Fall carnivals which I totally loved!

Fall Carnival!

Games!  Food!  Fun!

There was no down side.  Each room in our school was assigned a booth.  My favorite year was hosting the Balloon Popping Booth that involved blowing up balloons and popping them with darts.  As students manning the booth during our shift our responsibilities were to take the ticket, hand out the darts and award prizes to the winners.

Mostly we relished the food:  hot dogs, popcorn, candied apples, cotton candy and ice cream.  All of which you could buy for 5-cents each.

I still remember the sights, sounds and smell of Fall Carnival.  Living in the South, most carnivals were warm with just a hint of Fall in the air.  Perfect weather to enjoy the games, friends and food.

Modern kids.  They have no idea!

No comments: