Monday, January 15, 2024

What Happened?

 A friend of mine was going through a tough time after losing his dog to a sudden but fatal illness.


I remembered that I wrote a piece many years ago about an incident I experienced at an animal shelter, looked it up and sent him the link.


In true Rip Van Winkle style, where has the time gone?  I remembered blogging almost daily, hundreds of words.  Stories, lies, observations, recipes and all sorts of things part of the Melting Pot of Life, as my blog subtitle proclaims.  


Was it Facebook that sucked all the creativity out of the Blogging World?  Possibly.  I spent a lot of time on Facebook, possibly posting as many words, but less effectively.  Blowing dust instead of throwing a rock.


I miss blogging and perhaps it's time to get the old blog back on its feet.  Less fluff, more substance.


I also think the World needs this.  To wake up.  Get back to business and realize that "likes" and "LOL's" are no substitute for real human contact.  Mind to mind.


Of course, after all this time, I'm writing this for myself.  Can I put my fingers on the keyboard where my mouth is?  That is the question!

No comments: