Saturday, November 23, 2013

Cranberry Best

I fell in love with a young thing a few years ago.  Yes, my wife knows and she approves.

My love is an extraordinary chef and talented writer.  Who could not fall in love with that?

This is the blueprint for cranberry relish that I relish ever since I cooked it a few years ago:

24 oz apricot preserves
3/4 cup white distilled vinegar
3/4 cup raspberry preserves
ground cloves  OR NOT!
1/4 cup Grand Marnier
2 bags fresh cranberries
1/2 cup crystallized ginger
1 1/4 dried tart cherries

Relish it you will.

Basically you combine the first bunch of ingredients, then the cranberries until they "pop" which is about 30 seconds, then let the thing cool and thicken.  You will not be disappointed but you may be in love with Molly who reproduced this dish from her family recipe.

OMG, so good!  You will never buy Ocean Spray again.  Here's the stuff.  Just do it.  No regrets.


Molly, I love you!

No comments: