Saturday, November 25, 2006

Network Madness

With nothing better to do I renamed my home network. If nothing else, I wanted to prevent the folks on Barky Dog Network from enjoying our zillion megabit connection.

Little did I know it would affect my stereo system.

Long ago I abandoned my CD collection in favor of my laptop running iTunes. Connected to the Airport Express, I could transmit my entire CD library to my Klipschorn concert hall speakers wirelessly and effortlessly. My Sony 5-disc CD changer lies in rust.

However, I renamed my network and the stereo transmition function stopped working.

Apple to the rescue.

A quick query told me that there was a "reset" button on the Airport Express. Ah, ha!

Sure enough, performing a "hard reset" caused the Airport Express to seek out "new" networks and it discovered ********! Clicking on "join" was all it took for the Express to express itself to my amplifier and now we have Christmas music blasting out of the K-Horns.

"I reset an Express on Christmas Day
On Christmas Day in the morning!"

"I reset an Express on Christmas Day
On Christmas Day in the morning!"

I love Christmas. (Don't get me started on Macintosh!)

Hang on, where is that Manhattan Transfer CD...

No comments: