Friday, November 30, 2012

Seven

This is my Seventh, count 'em, 7, NaBloPoMo's.

Seven straight years of blogging every day in the month of November.  Every day something needs to be posted no matter how lame.  Of course, I take challenges seriously and if I commit to a project I'm going to see it through.

It is nearly impossible to spend the entire month of November roosting on one's writer's perch, bathed in WiFi with the Muse manically tossing out ideas.  Usually November is fraught with interruptions, not the least of which is Thanksgiving and some plumbing crisis, not that the two are related with the exception of The Great Turducken Debacle.

Most years, though, the fickle Muse flits around dive-bombing great ideas every few days but mostly sitting in some muse bar drinking herself stupid.  Stupid muse.  On a couple of occasions I had to open the Secret Box of Ideas and pull out a card.  I hate doing that because the cards are so expensive.  Alas, NaBloPoMo has a huge budget and I'm sure I'll be reimbursed - clicking heels together three times.  There's no place like Chase!  There's no place like Chase!

Tomorrow is December 1st.  The start of a new month and the end of an old year that doesn't seem all that old.  I remember in January making the comment as I put away the Christmas tree stand, "I'm putting it on the shelf now, but in a moment I'll be dragging it down again.  Seems to happen faster and faster."

And so it goes.  (Thank you, Kurt!)

Tomorrow is my official start of the holiday season, my favorite time of the year whether it's in snow or damp humidity and I'll put up with the decorating, rather than put up the decorations (not my job) and dive into the spirit of the holidays only to be confronted with putting up the Christmas tree stand all too soon.

Time for an egg nog and a toast to NaBloPoMo 2012.  Thank you, BlogHer, for hosting our November blogging extravaganza and here's to a successful 2012 and on to the next year.

Cheers!

No comments: