Friday, July 22, 2005

Mr. Plow

My favorite Simpson's episode. OK, truth be told I have a lot of favorites, but Mr. Plow is way up there.

I'm Mr. Plow, that's the name!
That name again is Mr. Plow!

Who couldn't fall in love with that jingle.

Speaking of plowing, I finally finished Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I know who dies (boo hoo) and who the Half-Blood Prince is and I'm not saying another word about it.

So, on to the next and final book Ms. Rowling, if you please. Start writing tonight!

Let me guess. Harry defeats Voldemort in a cliff-hanging duel of epic proportions. (And that's only the tip of the iceberg of my predictive abilities. Only the tip.) And, in a surprising twist, Hugh Hefner takes a shine to Hermione when he finds out she's one of identical quintuplets. The valium maximus spell takes on a whole new meaning.

I think I'll read Book One again this weekend. All my other projects aren't quite as ripe as this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm mainly concerned with what Harry is going to do with himself post-Hogwarts. My husband thinks that he'll take over the school with a redhead at his side. Because what else could he do that would please?

schmims said...

Someone dies? Thanks for ruining it.

Bret said...

My favorite story about HP & the Half-Blood Prince is when the death of "a major character" was leaked immediately prior to printing. Turns out that there was a sudden upsurge in betting on the CORRECT "major character" from the town that happened to house the printing operation handling the book. I couldn't decide which was more amusing, that the story leaked, or that there was actually betting action about the plot in a book.