Monday, May 19, 2008

Book Signing



This is very strange.

I'm not the author of this book, in fact, there is no one author of this book.

It's an anthology edited by Heather Armstrong, aka, Dooce. Heather wrote two essays.

I'm a contributing author, and like the other contributing authors wrote a single essay.

That said, I'm still hosting a book signing at the First Colony Mall Barnes and Noble on June 7th here in Sugar Land, Texas.

Big fish.

Small Pond.

"Things I Learned About My Dad (in therapy)" is available on Amazon, just click the image on the sidebar. A perfect gift for Father's Day.

(And, no, I don't get royalties from sales; it's just a great book and I'm proud to have been part of it.)

11 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bret said...

Hey, you wrote the longest story in there, so by ink and paper weight, you're the lead dog!

Am I reading the fine print correctly (eyes are going bad)? 2:00 - 4:00 on June 7? I'll be there!

Because every author needs an unhinged stalker.

Foo said...

Congratulations, what ever size fish you are.

Anonymous said...

THE Bill Farrell? I LOVE that guy!

Jack

Anonymous said...

You should steal that sign after the reading.

(I owe you an email. I owe lots of people emails. Sigh.)

Anonymous said...

I've put the date in my diary. Bought your suit yet?

Shane said...

Bill once was a techy for hire;
With humbleness all would desire.
Then he found fame,
And to all our bane,
Refused to respond but to “Sire.”


Congrats Bill! Have fun with it!

Former Novice Alaskan said...

Way Too Cool! I am so excited to acutally know an author that has done a book signing. Will you come to our book club???

I am, however, trying to remember if I have ever seen you in a suit...I am thinking more along the lines of Hawian shirt and flip flops.

If we were still living in Houston, we would be there with bells on to join the other stalkers!

Bill said...

No, you have never seen me in a suit. I don't own a suit.

Although I'm thinking of getting a red smoking jacket and a yellow ascot. Maybe a pipe.

Or maybe Hemingway is more my style: rumpled shirt and bottle of bourbon.

Bob said...

as a co-author, maybe you can get Amazon to ship my copy before September!

Congrats on the book, have fun at the book signing. Were I in TX, I'd come by.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Moose. I'd steal that sign and have it framed. That is just the coolest thing I've seen! I wish my husband was travelling down that way because I'd be at the front of the line!

I am so behind on blog posting and reading it's shameful. I've traded my blogging obsession for an equally compelling gardening habit. Time to get caught up on electronic media as well as good old fashioned books.