Saturday, May 24, 2008

UT Graduates



The Next Generation Longhorns.

These young women represent the next generation of educators, scientists, technicians, writers and journalists, business and legal representatives, government officials, doctors and so much more.

I am very proud that my daughter has grown into such a self-possessed, confident and capable adult ready to take on the Real World and make her mark. She has been a student, a landlord and a volunteer for charities. She completed her degree in four years earning A's and B's. No C's. (That's considerably better than my academic record having been grateful to receive a "D" in Protozoology rather than failing!)

She and her friends have already demonstrated the ability to succeed by surviving four years at one of the nation's top universities. Over seven thousand graduates earned bachelors or advanced degrees this year from UT.

I wish them all the best of luck and fortune.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all of them!

I must say, my own academic record was utterly blemished by Astronomy. I thought we would be looking at stars. NOT DOING CALCULUS. (Calculus and I, we do not get along.)

TCU81 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodie said...

Congratulations to your daughter! It's a great time in her life...