Friday, February 29, 2008

Dropped

I dropped my MacBook Pro.

Actually, I didn't drop it on purpose or even by accident. It dropped all by itself.

I had the MBP in a carry bag with a shoulder strap. Suddenly, while I was just standing there minding my own business, the strap broke and the entire bag went crashing to the concrete at 32 feet per second per second.

Gravity.

Who knew?

It hit with a "crunch."

That didn't sound good, Claire said, did you have glass in there?

Uh, yeah, I had a camera and my MacBook Pro.

I put the bag in the back of the truck and drove off hoping the vibes in the back of the truck would heal any damage. Just to be on the safe side I drove through several known Energy Vortexes and a couple of Healing Pyramids just to be sure.

I got home, pulled the MBP out of the bag and surveyed the damage. There were no obvious dents, the screen was OK and the computer booted up just fine. The only thing I noticed was a slight warp to the lid.

Bummer.

Slight warp to the lid. No other damage.

In other words, the MBP is just fine. Works fine, looks fine and be fine. Fine.

Just fine.

So, there's an upgrade of the MBP just announced. Badder, faster processor. Bigger disc. Cool video card.

So, what if the dropping caused something invisible to happen. Something invisible that will be not invisible in, say, ten years. What then? Why risk it?

You know?

So, I'm thinking it's an Omen. Like, it's Fate or something that the MBP just broke away and crashed to the ground. Yeah, it's a sign.

Yep, a sign.

Ashtray is full, tires are worn, tank is empty. All signs.

Oh, did I mention the "E" key? It's shot.

You all know what that means.

No comments: