Sunday, November 10, 2019

Wake-Up Call


Every morning I get a wake-up call by this guy, Q the Cat.

Q is our rescue cat, "res CUE" being the origin of his name.

I give Mr. Q a lot of deference because of the hard life and near death experience he had as a kitten.  Mr. Q is special and I treat him specially.

Q has always been a hungry cat and he get's hungry some time between midnight and 6 AM.  He will let me know that he's ready for chow by a nip to the elbow or a gentle paw to my head.

If anything, Q is very polite.  He paws me or nips me gently letting me know he's up for some Tuna.

Of course, I respond.  It's become a nightly ritual for a YEAR!  I get up, have a drink of water, stumble around to find the cat food, feed Q and go back to bed.  He never bugs me after that.

I don't begrudge Q's nocturnal habits.  After all, Q had a hard life and nearly died at the hands of uncaring, despicable people.  It is my honor to give the little guy some Kat Fud in the dead of night.


No comments: