Wednesday, February 09, 2005

InterNot

Yesterday I experienced Internet cold turkey for the first time in I don't know how long. Although the hotel boasts Free Wireless Internet, yesterday we basked in Wireless InterNot. Our machines connected OK and all looked well, but the server took a vacation, went to Tulsa and we were Sorry Out Of Luck.

No news. No weather. No email. No blogs! I felt like a pioneer from the 80's, and not the 1880's. I thought back to those days, my 80's not great-great-granddad's, and reflected on how much things have changed since then. We had a lot more time back then, or so I thought. Actually, we had the same amout of time; it just wasn't all filled up with Internet, email, blogs and stuff.

So, I shuffled aimlessly around the hotel wondering what to do when I found what looked like a mouse with about 50 buttons. Cool, I thought, I wonder what this is?

One button was labeled "Power" so I closed my eyes and pressed it.

The TV turned on and I thought, wow, this is so cool! I haven't seen one of these since 1984!

No comments: