Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Big Not so Easy

It's hard to be funny when there's a major disaster going on, like in New Orleans. The Big Easy is having a difficult time, but I'm sure in time it will be back.

Cities getting wiped out by disasters is not new. Fires, earthquakes and floods have taken their toll over the centuries.

My prediction is that come next year Mardi Gras will be held right on time and herald the birth of a new New Orleans.

Houston, meanwhile, will be home to thousands of displaced New Orleans citizens and we here at 12tutufondue welcome them to Bayou City. Glad we could lend a hand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not really on topic but I just stumbled upon your blog. Not like it matters much, but, BAM, you got a link on my blog.
Best writing I've read in a looooong time. And yes, I said 'writing' not blogging. Your entries read like a good book. Almost Christoper Moore'ish. Good up the good work.

Oh, and watch your step if you read my blog. It's kinda volatile over there. All kinds of fights break out and the occasional broken beer glass may go flying by.

Susan said...

Ditto...I'm onboard too. I love your writing. After I read that you are actually involved in anyway with the laundry...well I'm hooked.

I'm linking to you from www.thechurchofangst.blogspot.com.

All the best,
Susan