Saturday, November 06, 2010

Ham Ribs



"Why do you experiment with our food? Even Dr. Frankenstein didn't do that!"

I hear this a lot around my house. I've been working to find the Perfect Rib Smoking recipe, but today was not my day. A dog visiting us thought they were great! Lucky dog.

The change in the Rib Routine was to do a pre-soak in a brine solution made from 1 cup of Morton's Tender Quick and 4 cups of water. This was successful with salmon and I found a few recipes on-line. What could go wrong?

Well, the brine soak "cured" the meat somewhat, but I was quite surprised to see how much "somewhat" that was when I cut into the finished product.

"Wow, that's really pink."

"Looks like ham."

"Tastes like ham!"

"Salty like ham. Pass the water or a few gallons."

Later that evening ...

"Whatcha looking up."

"Ham recipes. I figure if you can't beat 'em, join 'em."

No comments: