Friday, November 04, 2016

Zöe 2

New Message

Dear Ryan,

I really enjoyed talking with you last week.  You seem to “get” me in a very special way.  You listen when I complain about work or life in general and always seem to be there to soften my fall.  I know that’s an insane thing to say, like falling into insanity.  What does that even mean?

Work has been totally unreal.  Crazy clients with unrealistic expectations and me trying to walk the tight-rope between being rational and keeping the account.  Like you said, keeping the account keeps the job and I can always be rational later.  Wise words, my friend.

My friend, my dear, dear friend, it pains me to write this but I must.

Although I’d love to have dinner with you this weekend, I can’t.  And before you draw the wrong conclusion, it’s not you, it’s me.  OMG, that sounds so lame but it’s true!  

Remember Coffee Guy?  Well, he’s been showing up at client meetings and other things.  One morning while getting coffee at the conference (how ironic!) he sneaked up behind me, made some small talk and asked me out.  I was taken off guard and trying not to be offensive said yes.

I didn’t want to say “yes” but it just popped out.  Not exactly “yes” but something along the lines of “sure,” “yeah,” “why not.”  Still, he took it and I’m committed.  I’m not looking forward to this at all but a yes is a yes and I can’t go back on my word.

So, there you have it.  I’m going out with Coffee Guy instead of you and it really bums me out.  I should have said, “Sorry, but I have a boyfriend.”  Somehow, though, I don’t think Coffee guy would have taken the hint.

Don’t worry about me.  I can take care of myself and we’ll see each other soon, OK?

Always,
  Zöe

Send or Delete >  delete





New Message


Ryan,

No can do that night.  Sorry!  Will explain later.  Don’t worry so much!


Zöe  xxooxx

Send or Delete >  send

No comments: