Friday, November 03, 2006

Fired

"Yello, City Pound."

"Hey, cut the nonsense. I'm tired. It's late. I kicked my computer down the staircase and I'm hungry."

"OK, well I bought fish for dinner but since it's close to 9 already how about we call in a Pei Wei strike?"

"Yeah, that's a good idea. Get sesame chicken, edamame and lettuce wraps. But nothing spicy. I've been a little rumbly in the tumbly today if you get my drift."

I did not want to "get the drift" so I complied and made the phone call.

>ring< >ring<

"Yello, Pei Wei, may I take your order?"

"Yeah, we'd like Sesame Chicken, edamame and lettuce wraps, to pick up."

"OK, we don't do Sesame Chicken."

*Life flashes before eyes*

I. am. so. screwed.

"Uh, so what kind of chicken thing dish do you do?"

"We do Honey Chicken and Pei Wei Chicken."

Honey Chicken sounded too sweet and Pei Wei Chicken sounded Goldilocks Just Right.

"OK, I'll go with the Pei Wei Chicken."

"Right. Your order is edamame, lettuce wraps and Pei Wei Chicken Mongolian Ring of Fire. Ready in 20 minutes. Bye."

Ring of what?

...Later that evening...

"Hmmm, there seems to be some chicken amongst the pepper flakes."

"Quit complaining and pass the water. My chopsticks caught fire again."

No comments: